cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I unsubscribe and delete my Dropbox account?

How do I unsubscribe and delete my Dropbox account?

Dannytizm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do I unsubscribe and delete dropbox

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Cash
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

For Apple App Store/iTunes origination accounts, you need to manage your subscription from within your mobile device or iTunes account... 

For mobile device, open Settings, select your profile link at the top (Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes and App Store area)

Select the iTunes and App Store link

Select your Apple ID and chose View Apple ID from the menu that pops up and sign in.

Select Subscriptions 

Find Dropbox and toggle off the monthly charge if appropriate. 

Because it process through Apple, we have no control over the subscription if it is managed by Apple, so all processing of the account has to be done via Apple. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
See https://www.dropbox.com/help/account/delete-account

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rob_Cash
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

For Apple App Store/iTunes origination accounts, you need to manage your subscription from within your mobile device or iTunes account... 

For mobile device, open Settings, select your profile link at the top (Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes and App Store area)

Select the iTunes and App Store link

Select your Apple ID and chose View Apple ID from the menu that pops up and sign in.

Select Subscriptions 

Find Dropbox and toggle off the monthly charge if appropriate. 

Because it process through Apple, we have no control over the subscription if it is managed by Apple, so all processing of the account has to be done via Apple. 

bronwenlee
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please close my account with Dropbox at the time I needed more space.
I have now used the information and no longer have a need for you to hold the information.
[Personal information removed]

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You need to follow the steps as listed in the Help Center, for personal accounts or for business accounts. Otherwise you'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly as this is a public forum and billing/account issues can not be handled here.

jpadre
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please delete my account. I do not use it as much as I thought I would. Please close this account. EMAIL REMOVED   thank you

papa1924
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to cancel my acount with you I was told I would not be charged but i notice I have been for a while and to see if I can get a refund

atccodex
Super User alumni
Go to solution

@jpadre and @papa1924

As @Rich said 

You need to follow the steps as listed in the Help Center, for personal accounts or for business accounts. Otherwise you'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly as this is a public forum and billing/account issues can not be handled here.

Make sure to follow those steps to close out your accounts.

cojogo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If I'm trying to unsubscribe before trial subscription expires, should this answer still work?

annia
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

this is really not helpful, I just want to unsubscribe, can one not be helped

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Racosta6 New member | Level 2
    annia Explorer | Level 4
    cojogo New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?