cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before you receive a refund for a cancelled Dropbox subscription?

How long before you receive a refund for a cancelled Dropbox subscription?

plleano
New member | Level 2

Dan from Dropbox canceled by Dropbox Business on May 26th, and he said that it would take only a few days to receive the refund. It has been 10 days and nothing yet. The refund amount is not a small amount. Has anyone experienced this? I am concerned especially during these times. How long before I should file a chargeback with my credit card company?

22 Replies 22

Re: How long before you receive a refund for Dropbox Business?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @plleano; welcome to our Community!

Since you haven't received the refund yet, in this case, since it was already processed by our support team, I'd suggest getting in touch with your bank to ask about this directly as these usually take up to 5 business days. 

Let me know what you find! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

I contacted Support and was refunded for my account, but I still haven't received the refund.

Kristina Kolchedantseva
New member | Level 2

Hi!
I have been in contact with support by email to cancel my subscription from Premium to free account. I am still waiting for the promised refund, and it has been more than a month already. I am not able to respond to emails again and there is not way I can contact you, because your employee had downgraded me, and still charged money for the subscription. Please get back to me.

Re: Refund is missing

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @Kristina Kolchedantseva, I'm sorry to hear about that!

If you haven't received the refund after such a long time period I would suggest reaching out to your bank to see if they can shed some light on this from their end too. Refunds should be processed within a few business days. 

Also, so that I can check on this from my side too, can you let me know the ticket number (eg. #1234567) that you received for your interaction with our Support team for this?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

I've got confirmation of a refund, but I don't see it yet

Tu30
New member | Level 2

I confirmed with the receipt that it was a refund adjustment, when can I get a refund?
I confirmed it with the receipt on July 30th

Re: confirm the refund

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Tu30, thanks for posting today!

If you were in contact with support and received a refund, you should be able to see it on the system on the payments page.

After that, it's up to the bank or payment provider to return the funds to your account.

Hope this helps!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Refund

Akinkunmi akindele
New member | Level 2
My account was upgraded on 1st of September but I contacted the support desk on 2nd of September and my account was downgraded that very day and i was told the charges will be refunded but to my surprise am yet to get any refund till today

Re: Refund

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Akinkunmi akindele; welcome to the Dropbox Community and happy Monday!

Refunds can take some time (up to 5 business days usually) to be processed by payment vendors so I'd suggest waiting another couple of days.

If you haven't received your money back until the end of the week, I'd recommend contacting your bank for more information.

Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

I cancelled my subscription which was refunded, but I haven't received this yet. Any help?

Albert91
New member | Level 2

I paid 435€ by mistake for dropbox business when I thought that it was 10€ per month. I cancelled my subscription and apparently a message said that they made a refund which I didn't received yet and there's no email and contact to inform about it. What can I do?

Re: Refund

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @Albert91, I hope you're well today!

Can you let me know where you received the message about the refund when you cancelled the subscription?

Also, is your account now showing as a Basic account, or still as a Business account? You can check this from your plan page here.

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    Rebecca Markovich Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?