Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to be able to reuse an email address after a dropbox account was deleted?

SLF2019
Explorer | Level 3

We deleted the Dropbox for Business trial account that we set up for our team . (It was set up in Sweden and we needed it setup in Canada)

How long do we have to wait before our email accounts can be associated with a new Dropbox for business account? (When we tried to add team members tothe new account it would not allow because they are still assoicated with the old team account that we deleted ) 

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

Re: How long does it take to be able to reuse an email address after a dropbox account was deleted?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @SLF2019, it sounds like the email addresses are still actively connected with a Dropbox account, or they were deleted by the team admin and have seven days to be restored

If you still encounter any trouble with this, we’d have to move this discussion to email due to account specific info required, where I can contact you directly to the email address associated to your Forum profile. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: How long does it take to be able to reuse an email address after a dropbox account was deleted?

SLF2019
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you! So this means I have to wait 7 days before we can move forward then? 

Or is there something support can do for us to speed that along? 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
I’m afraid we aren’t able to speed this up, but if you’re still unable to add the users' email addresses after seven days, contact the Support team directly via email for a more in-depth investigation. 

Hope this helps to some extent! 

Lusil

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

SLF2019
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you! Hopefully it will resolve itself in 7 days. I appreciate your response!

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

No problem, @SLF2019 Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with and, in the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?