cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How on earth do I cancel this free trial?

How on earth do I cancel this free trial?

Rosie Ann
New member | Level 2

I got a free trial of DropBox in December, after I realised how non-user friendly and frankly - annoying DropBox is I cancelled the free trail via my GooglePlay where I bought it. Yet I got an email today saying if I don't cancel my trial, I will be charged? According to my GooglePlay account I have cancelled it, yet when I log onto my DropBox account, it says I still need to cancel it but does not give me the option ANYWHERE. Not to mention trying to delete the app of my computer took over an hour because it just refused to budge. I have tried for half an hour to find a way to email customer support for DropBox and such an email appears to be non-existant. This company is honestly disgusting in the way it makes things purposely confusing, impossible to cancel a trial and seemigly hides all customer support information so it's impossible to contact anyone for help. I want this stupid trial cancelled, and I want it cancelled now. I do NOT want to get charged for this horrendous service. Can anyone please help me?

1 Reply 1

Re: How on earth do I cancel this free trial?

Sanchez
Dropboxer

Hey there, @Rosie Ann, welcome to our community. 

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with cancelling your trial, and getting in touch with us. The support options available to you depend on your account type, and you’ll find them listed here while signed in to your account online. 

Now, I’ve asked a support agent to email you at that address associated with your community profile. Please check for that, and reply to them so they can check on this for you from our secure email support platform. 

I hope this helps! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?