cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Merge 2 Accounts

itsyosk
New member | Level 2

Hi 🙂
So I have this one account where a friend bought for me and gave me access to, but it's their email on the user (info@domain.com)

And I have another account which is attached to my main email (myname@gmail.com)

My account (myname@gmail.com) have no content in it what-so-ever and I'm OK with it being deleted.

BUT, my question is - how can I change to the email of my own?

meaning - I want this - myname@gmail.com - to be my main & Paid user inside of dropbox.

Right now it's empty and I can't change the email from info@domain.com to myname@gmail.com since myname@gmail.com it's linked to another DropBox user.

What should I do?

3 Replies 3

Re: How to Merge 2 Accounts

itsyosk
New member | Level 2

to add to that question

Can I DELETE the myname@gmail.com account, and after 30 days re-register with it again?

Memory
Helpful | Level 5

I guess you could try deleting the myname.. account. Since there is no content in it and you don't use it - no harm done, right? And then try changing the email accounts again. It is possible that you need to confirm your friends email account first in order to change it to yours. 

Rich
Super User II

@itsyosk wrote:

Right now it's empty and I can't change the email from info@domain.com to myname@gmail.com since myname@gmail.com it's linked to another DropBox user.

As soon as you delete the Dropbox account using myname@gmail.com (or change its email address to something different), that email address will be available for use on another account.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?