cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to cancel a Dropbox Plus subscription

How to cancel a Dropbox Plus subscription

vamps503
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

HI, How can i cancel my dropbox plus subscription? i was told to go to setting> plan> at the bottom, click cancel my subscription, but i don't see this option at the bottom. it's so frustrating, please help!

thanks.

59 Replies 59

rhg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Why do Dropbox make it so difficult to cancel a subscription, it is such poor service and comes across quite sneaky. I signed up to Professional on your website and now have been charged because I can't see any cancel button where it's supposed to be. Can someone help please?? 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@rhg wrote:

Why do Dropbox make it so difficult to cancel a subscription

It's actually quite easy to cancel a subscription. Just visit the Plan page in your account, and click the Cancel plan link at the bottom of the page.

chikki53
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As I said before, I no longer have access to the email account my Dropbox was linked to. I need to cancel the account as I have been charged $99.  Please help.  If there are actually people involved in this process, please contact me at [personal information removed for security purposes]. Thank you.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear about this @chikki53!

In this case, I would advise to log a ticket with our team, explaining this so as to get further assistance with your account specific inquiry. You can let me know the ticket ID so I can get on it if you like when you do :wink:

If there's anything I can help with from my end, please let me know. Thanks!

PS: I removed your phone number from your last post for your own safety. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Lydia29
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hello, I have the same problem, I tried so many hours and days, contact with the Dropbox Customer support: KEN, I have still no way out.
I tried this steps: 
How do I cancel a Dropbox Plus subscription on the Google Play Store?
  1. Open the the Google Play Store app on your phone or tablet, and be sure you're signed in with the same account you used when you installed the Dropbox mobile app.
  2. Click Account.
  3. Click Subscriptions.
  4. Find the listing for Dropbox, and click Cancel.
I selected my PLAY STORE app on my cell phone, then the menu list then I selected ACCOUNT, then...I see no Subscription...or CANCEL ☹️

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Lydia29

Did you actually subscribe to Dropbox in the Play Store? If not, the your subscription will not show up there. If you did it through the Dropbox website, then you need to follow the instuctions linked in this thread earlier.

How/where did you upgrade your account?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear about this @Lydia29 - I'll try to help as much as I can.

It's true that we won't be able to help further than this with cancelling a subscription you purchased through Google's Play Store since your billing information and therefore your subscription is administered by them, not us. 

Having said that and as I'd like to have a look into this to see what could be going wrong, could you please send me a screenshot of the last screen you get (i.e. the page you get when clicking on ACCOUNT)?

Thanks in advance for your patience and cooperation so far Lydia - I appreciate it.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

kulwinderdhanoa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hi

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi to you too @kulwinderdhanoa - may I help somehow?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

1111111aaaaa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Dropbox, I cancelled my subscription 2 months ago and I am still getting charged. Can you help with this please? Thanks. 

Need more support?