cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a Dropbox Plus subscription

How to cancel a Dropbox Plus subscription

vamps503
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

HI, How can i cancel my dropbox plus subscription? i was told to go to setting> plan> at the bottom, click cancel my subscription, but i don't see this option at the bottom. it's so frustrating, please help!

thanks.

59 Replies 59

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @1111111aaaaa - I've just sent you an email to your Dropbox associated email address so we can work on this together (thus creating a ticket for you with ID: 8768485). 

Thanks in advance for your response!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

mcshamester
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

please cancell my drop box and refund amy money

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mcshamester; how are you today?

As billing and account specific inquiries are best handled through our ticketing system, I'd suggest you logged a ticket with our team so we can assist further: 

https://www.dropbox.com/support 

You can let me know the ticket's ID here if you like so I can locate it on our system and get on it asap. 

In the meantime, feel free to take a look at the following Help Center articles too:

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Secadi72
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter, good day, My name is Sergio. A few days ago I loaded into my system a trial version of Dropbox Plus that is supposed to expire later this month (october, 2019). I want to cancel it because it was mentioned that in case of not doing so, I would be charged my credit card, but I have tried for hours to cancel it but I can't find a way to do it. I have read the previous comments of the users regarding these issues of application of charges and try some links that are mentioned but I can´t and I hope you to help me with this situation (do not apply a charge). I don't want it and I want to cancel. I will really appreciate your support.
Thank you and regards.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Good day to you too and welcome to our Community Sergio!

Could you let me know what your account's plan tab is reporting at the moment?

If you see that you're on the Basic plan, then you've successfully cancelled your trial and no charges will apply.

If you see that you're on a Plus Trial, follow the guide in the following Help Center article: 

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/cancellations-refunds/cancel-mobile

In case you have issues with this, please let me know @Secadi72!

PS: You can ask for account specific assistance from our team directly too if needed:

https://www.dropbox.com/support 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

tradesman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had the same trouble.  i cancelled on my computer but then was billed.  nothing showed in playstore for a subscription.  then i check my phone playstore and sure enough the subsrciption was on my phone.  So it appeared on my phone but not the computer.  I cancelled using my phone.

Best to look at all your devices.  why this happens only playstore could tell.

jenbr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I‘m also having difficulties to cancel a dropbox trial. I can’t find any option. I pay it through ios.

Eduardo Rosas Ruelas
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Quiero cancelar suscripción de DropBox ya que me están cobrando y no lo uso

Cope
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I want to cancel my subscription--I had used the free Dropbox off and on through the years (mostly off) and thought the subscription would be useful and (impulsively) paid for the year up front ($199 or so) with my credit card.  Now I need to cancel but the instructions send me in circles and I don't see a way to cancel.  I have emailed support a few times but I don't get any reply.  I don't have anything in the Dropbox (free or upgraded), and I don't even really know what level I was paying for at this point.  I just want the charge off my credit card.  Is there a person to talk with anywhere?  Thanks.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all; thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing with or while cancelling your subscription with us. 

For everyone that's still having troubles with this, I'd suggest trying an incognito window without logging into any account to contact our support team for further assistance. 

From there, when on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Cope New member | Level 2
    Eduardo Rosas Ruelas New member | Level 2
    jenbr New member | Level 2
    tradesman New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?