cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change billing contact?

Highlighted

How to change billing contact?

New member | Level 2

I can see where to change Billing information in the Admin panel>Billing>Payment Method.  That is, I can change the credit card information, but I can't change the person who is listed as Billing Admin nor the contact email.  How do I do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to change billing contact?

Dropboxer
Hi there, the billing admin is the last person who amended the payment details on the account.

For instance, if you were to change the billing information now, then the system would make you the billing admin.

However, it can be anyone else on your team, although they would need to be an existing team admin, since only they have access to the admin console and change the payment info.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hi there, the billing admin is the last person who amended the payment details on the account.

For instance, if you were to change the billing information now, then the system would make you the billing admin.

However, it can be anyone else on your team, although they would need to be an existing team admin, since only they have access to the admin console and change the payment info.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi,

It would be very useful to have the ability to designate a billing admin who does not have account creation/deletion permissions.

Best,

Mike

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @dbmike, sounds like a nice idea. Perhaps it would be worth you creating a post on this page for other users to upvote the idea, giving it visibility to our dev team!

Jay

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Yes please!

@Jay wrote:

Hey @dbmike, sounds like a nice idea. Perhaps it would be worth you creating a post on this page for other users to upvote the idea, giving it visibility to our dev team!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?