cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change plan from Plus to Basic

Highlighted

How to change plan from Plus to Basic

Explorer | Level 3

Hi there, Im not sure why this is so hard to do. I cant seem to change my plan from Plus back to Basic as it was. 

Ive followed the instructions below and 'Cancel Plan' simply does not dispaly on my page anywhere to be seen.

They couldnt answer my query on chat and the email button has an error??

Please help!

1. Sign in to dropbox.com
  2. Click your avatar or profile picture.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click Plan.
  5. At the bottom of the page, choose Cancel plan.
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to change plan from Plus to Basic

Dropboxer
Hey there (@JJ44) & (@dianeballardall), apologies for getting back in touch in delay on my end, let me follow-up on your payment-related inquiry below! 

Now, based on your description, you’re following the steps listed for cancellations done through our website & you’re unable to complete them, as your payment was done via iTunes/ Google Wallet. If so, then the steps to cancel are slightly different

It would be worth mentioning that when you upgrade your Dropbox account via the app on your phone, your subscription is administered by the app store platform, not by Dropbox. If you’d like to change the payment details within iTunes/ Google Wallet, you may have a look at this & this resources respectively. 

Should you face any difficulties or just in case you’d like to confirm the subscription cancellation, you may get in touch with the relevant team & let them know of any follow-up inquiries you may have. 

Hopefully this addresses your concern, though please do let me know here in case you have any questions about any of the above. Enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Super User II

@JJ44 wrote:

To simply change a plan, and not be able to within Dropbox, is rediculous!

Then blame Apple and the stranglehold they have on the in-app payment system. This is simply beyond Dropbox's control.

If you upgraded to Plus on your iPhone/iPad and are unable to cancel it, then you need to reach out to Apple Support as only they will be able to assist you.

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue.  When I go to the Apple iTunes store the only options I see are to select for a paid account and not the basic.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hopefully someone can help us!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey there (@JJ44) & (@dianeballardall), apologies for getting back in touch in delay on my end, let me follow-up on your payment-related inquiry below! 

Now, based on your description, you’re following the steps listed for cancellations done through our website & you’re unable to complete them, as your payment was done via iTunes/ Google Wallet. If so, then the steps to cancel are slightly different

It would be worth mentioning that when you upgrade your Dropbox account via the app on your phone, your subscription is administered by the app store platform, not by Dropbox. If you’d like to change the payment details within iTunes/ Google Wallet, you may have a look at this & this resources respectively. 

Should you face any difficulties or just in case you’d like to confirm the subscription cancellation, you may get in touch with the relevant team & let them know of any follow-up inquiries you may have. 

Hopefully this addresses your concern, though please do let me know here in case you have any questions about any of the above. Enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Still not helpful Im afraid.

I cant delete/downgrade plan via iphone app - no subscriptions to view

i cant delete/ downgrade plan via dropbox website - says go through itunes

Itunes App Store say there was no purchase to Dropbox from my account

Dropbox say only Itunes can amend plan

The cycle continues..

I cant even cancel my dropbox account, because im in 'Plus' and need to cancel plan first... which is clearly impossible to do at the moment. 

Also I cant even log in, because I cant remember my password, and there is no new password being sent to my account email address, which is definitely correct. 

I have never experienced such problems like this! To simply change a plan, and not be able to within Dropbox, is rediculous!

Highlighted

Super User II

@JJ44 wrote:

To simply change a plan, and not be able to within Dropbox, is rediculous!

Then blame Apple and the stranglehold they have on the in-app payment system. This is simply beyond Dropbox's control.

If you upgraded to Plus on your iPhone/iPad and are unable to cancel it, then you need to reach out to Apple Support as only they will be able to assist you.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

There is no "CANCEL PLAN" at the bottom of my page!!!!!

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @cvioli - welcome aboard!

As you're not seeing the 'Cancel' button, could it be that you're looking at a free account on the Basic plan?

Merely to confirm if that's the case, please take a look at your account's plan tab and let me know what it reports. 

Thanks!

Walter

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?