cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: can't free up space

How to free up space in your Dropbox account

John W.87
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've unshared many folders, permanently deleted lots of files but dropbox still reports that it is full.  How can I free up space?  I've already followed dropbox instructions with no results

106 Replies 106

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @SGHelp1, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

If you're trying to find the size of files and folders from the website, you can have a look at this article which has the relevant steps. 

Give me a nudge if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

peyman200
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Great!

amymsusi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

im looking on my account page but cannot see anywhere it tells me how much space I have. I'm having the same issue. I was told I didn't have room so I deleted 500 cell phone quality images and 20 RAW files and I'm not on anyone else's shared files. It's been a week so it's updated, and still I'm told it's too full. If those fit, why wouldn't one cell phone quality image fit?? 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @amymsusi, welcome to the Dropbox Community. 

Could you have a look at your Plan tab and let me know what it reports? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Tim B.4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

If I look at the size of the dropbox folder on my PC ist is 1.5GB yet when I look at my account on Dropbox.com is shows 169GB...  Is there a delay between the time I delete files/folder and it is refiected in my storage consumption report?

TT UTE
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i have a paid subscription, been saying its getting full over the last few weeks, so I deleted a heap of gear yesterday, estimate 1 third of capacity now this morning its saying sycing has stoped until you upgrade. It appears that its trying to con you into upgrading.

Tim B.4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Of course is

TT UTE
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

how do I talk to somebody? I really cant affort to be let down:(

Tim B.4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Good luck.