cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to free up space in your Dropbox account

How to free up space in your Dropbox account

John W.87
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've unshared many folders, permanently deleted lots of files but dropbox still reports that it is full.  How can I free up space?  I've already followed dropbox instructions with no results

106 Replies 106

Tim B.4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I finally gave up and just created a new account copied the 500MB of files I needed into it and left the old account sit dormant. If they make it this hard it is merely a ploy to try to get you to sign spend $120..... 

TT UTE
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

not sure what to do now:(, Ive paid for 12mths in may20, cleared over a third of gear out of the box and now its saying its not syncing. And now try and talk to someone:(:(. can someone give me a phone number to call?

Tim B.4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
You might want to reach out to the Dropbox subreddit they tend to be quite knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.

spj2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have paid  (and charged) to expand my drop box but it has not accepted pictures sent to me

What do I do?

Sharingsus
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, if your space is still full maybe you should start a new account. :slight_smile: This way you will get 2 GB again for free.
I hope I could help you.

johnloren
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

try to clear cache and cookies of your browser may be it's occurring due to cookies and cache. 

Dewi Morifa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, can you tell me what is regular files? i got the same problem. I have 2 GB at dropbox and i only use 700MB but it says my dropbox is full. I checked it says 1.5GB is regular files. I don't know what regular files it shows. I have other files in my documents at computer but i did not sync that to dropbox.

Please help.

Dewi Morifa
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem. I have 2GB and only sync my file 700MB to Dropbox but it says i have 1.5GB regular files. I do not connect my documents to Dropbox, only one file. What regular files does it refer to?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Dewi Morifa, thanks for taking the time to message us!

If you're referring to the standard files on this page, then it means private files on your account, those that aren't in shared folders.

You can check the size of files and folders using these steps to see if there are any large files on your account.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Sainath Rajmane
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Remove all the files
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Karen D.22 Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?