cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get in contact with someone in support with the authoriy to do anything

How to get in contact with someone in support with the authoriy to do anything

franciscforde
Explorer | Level 3

After months of emails with the support team, they continue to reject my request for a refund.

I initially cancelled my trial subscription, and received a confirmation email stating that it was cancelled. However, I was still charged for it. If there ever was grounds for a refund, that seems like a pretty darn good bet for it. Yet, about 5 customer service people have told me that they cannot do refunds. This is ridiculous. I want to some how talk to a team manager or someone who actually has some authority to provide a simple refund for a system error. Any advice . . . ?

5 Replies 5

Re: How to get in contact with someone in support with the authoriy to do anything

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @franciscforde, and welcome to our Community!

It's true that in most cases, payments made through Dropbox are non refundable

However, I'm more than happy to look further into this for you. Can you share the ticket number of the conversation you had with our Support team? 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: How to get in contact with someone in support with the authoriy to do anything

franciscforde
Explorer | Level 3
Ticket #12370529

Hi Lori.

I have spoke to 4 or 5 people at dropbox across different case tickets, that is my most recent one.

Apparently in-app purchases must be handled by the app store itself. However, google play have just told me that this is against their policies, which clearly state that the app developer themselves would be responsible. Google play tried to process a refund, but it was rejected by the server for this reason. So from what I have been told, neither party can complete a refund . . . Which would be ridiculous of true.

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox are correct - all refunds for app stores have to go via app stores.... Google is fobbing you off here I'm afraid. 

If you get nowhere with them lodge a dispute with your card company. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

franciscforde
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Mark.

Thanks for the reply here. The problem is that the transaction date is older than what my credit card company will allow a dispute to be opened on (60 days). So I dont know if they will be able to provide any assistance. Any advice here?

Mark
Super User II

Oh dear 😞 

No I dont sorry - other than escalating within Google. I genuinely dont think Dropbox can help (although they've maybe not told you this very well....) because they wont be able to see the financial information within their systems as to what has happened in your account because thats all at Googles end.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    franciscforde Explorer | Level 3
    Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?