cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get refund of a subscription without consent?

How to get refund of a subscription without consent?

Ahona Ghosh
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

In the last night, my Dropbox professional got auto renewed without my consent and my credit card was charged 199 dollar. Please cancel the subscription and refund me the amount as soon as possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

It did have your consent - you signed up for a trial which was to auto move to a paid plan at the end. That is your consent. 

However, unfortunately we cannot help here. You need to speak to support : 

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/payments-billing/refund

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/cancellations-refunds

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Ahona Ghosh
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Wanted to end the trial, but could not. Please deactivate the subscription and refund the amount immediately

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

It did have your consent - you signed up for a trial which was to auto move to a paid plan at the end. That is your consent. 

However, unfortunately we cannot help here. You need to speak to support : 

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/payments-billing/refund

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/cancellations-refunds

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Misty-Rose
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

DROPBOX YOU SUCK!

I may have had an active free-trial in which I consented to, but where is the warning before the full subscription amount is going to come out! 

I GOT CONNED FOR $200 THAT I PRETTY MUCH CAN'T GET BACK! 

USELESS APP

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Misty-Rose wrote:

I may have had an active free-trial in which I consented to, but where is the warning before the full subscription amount is going to come out!

The warning is before you start the trial. By starting the trial you're agreeing to a paid subscription if you don't cancel. You weren't conned.

New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Normally most subscribed apps or websites sends 24hr notice or 3 day notice stating you will be charged a certain amount for a subscription renewal. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@1546974 - as does Dropbox, 

You get emails to your registered emails many, many weeks before renewal. I get at least three or four of them to say its happening.

New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So reconfirming you are not given at least a 72 hours notice that your pre trial is ending and you will be charged. As far as the many many emails I only received an email after I signed up and once letting me know my card was already charged. So I am unsure of the many many emails you're talking about.

Katepond
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I did not purchase professional Dropbox for $199 on my MasterCard. How can I get a refund? How can I get a refund? I am upset. Kate

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Katepond, thanks for the comment and sorry to see you're having trouble.

Have you tried reaching out to our support team for assistance?

Once you do, please also send us the ticket number for your communication, so we can look it up in our system.

Thank you.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    dgmccartney New member | Level 2
    Jo09 Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?