cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide the annoying advertisement?

How to hide the annoying advertisement?

Vidar V.
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

Imagine you have bought a new appartment and it’s yours, and when you walk from room to room you see advertisements on the walls saying "Shure you dont want a bigger flat?" Not a good feeling is it, quite annoying. Thats kind of how I feel logging into dropbox dot com or using dropbox app. I use dropbox for private use, not for business. I dont want to buy it, I like what I have, the Dropbox Plus. And the Showcase in the sidemenu.. Its only for dropbox business so I dont want it there.. I cant find a way to get rid of the advertisements for dropbox business and also to remove the Showcase in the sidemenu. The advertisements only make me feel like enjoying dropbox a little less, and that dropbox are not pleased with me as a dropbox plus customer and want to bug me about it. Imagine you just bought Tesla model S and on the dashboard its written with large letters "click here to buy Tesla X" I dont want that feeling using my plus account, a paying customer. Is there really no way to hide it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to hide the annoying advertisement

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi Vidar, currently it isn’t possible to disable these notifications from the Dropbox site, however, I can certainly pass on this feedback to our dev team for their consideration in future to amend this.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi Vidar, currently it isn’t possible to disable these notifications from the Dropbox site, however, I can certainly pass on this feedback to our dev team for their consideration in future to amend this.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Vidar V.
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for your reply, Jay: )

Please do, much appreciated! I fully understand if I was a free user, but as a paying user Im fully aware of what to do if I ever need business version of DB. Meanwhile its a more  clean feeling enjoying dropbox free from advertisement. 

Thanks again.

Deter
New member | Level 2

Did you ever get around to passing it on Jay? Coz it's still there... 2 years later... still annoying...

It's shouldn't be that hard to ad a tickbox in settings to not recieve ads from Dropbox if you don't want to.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @Deter, thanks for joining the topic!

Jay indeed would have passed along the feedback in an internal report.

If you'd like to show your support for this to be implemented, I can also suggest checking out this post in our "Share an idea" section.

Giving a vote here too will let us track your feedback more effectively since it's all in one place.

I hope this helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Annoying “Try Dropbox Business” link

emuell69
Helpful | Level 6
Hello,
I am new to DropBox and I upgraded from Basic to Plus tier some days ago. When I was on Basic Subscription fro a couple of days it was OK fro me to see the “Upgrade to …” link on the upper right corner of the Web Interface all the time.
But now I am subscribed to Plus, which is plenty enough for my needs … I don't want to test or to upgrade to any other plan. Some of you may think now, why I am so petty about that. I just don’t want to see such things in a well licensed application at all.
Is there any possibility to get rid of that “advertisement”? Of course without switching to Dropbox Business.

Screenshot 2020-07-19 11.40.22.png

Thank you very much!

Re: Annoying “Try Dropbox Business” link

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @emuell69, I hope you're having a good start to your week so far!

I've just moved your message here so that I can point you to my earlier post with a little more info on this.

When you have the chance, please check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    emuell69 Helpful | Level 6
    Deter New member | Level 2
    Vidar V. Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?