cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to join a family plan?

Highlighted

How to join a family plan?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

My mother and I both have individual dropbox accounts. However she is very old and has no technical knowledge. I wish to combine our two accounts under one family account with a large amount of storage and I wish to pay for that family account from my finances. Is this possible?

I found this page: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/plans-upgrades/dropbox-family-plan. However when I click on 'Upgrade to Dropbox Family' I get an error saying 'You cannot change plans at the current time'. Why can I not change plans now?

Please help me out. My dad passed away recently and I want to help my mother back up the photos and videos she has of him safely to a Dropbox family account so that we don't lose them.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@Narada wrote:

Dropbox - are you able to shed light on why it's not available? Is it new and being rolled out slowly?

The plan is only available in a beta at the moment. Changes such as this are tested for a time before rolling out slowly to the entire community, if the tests are successful.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hello,

Unfortunately that Family Plan is not available for all paying users at the moment. I am also waiting for this plan, because I need it hard.

br

Ernst

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Ernst. Dropbox - are you able to shed light on why it's not available? Is it new and being rolled out slowly? How do you select who gets it?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Seems dropbox aren't responding to my message here. Is there a way of contacting dropbox directly?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@Narada wrote:

Dropbox - are you able to shed light on why it's not available? Is it new and being rolled out slowly?

The plan is only available in a beta at the moment. Changes such as this are tested for a time before rolling out slowly to the entire community, if the tests are successful.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

When do you expect to the public release of Family plan?

Thank you,

Maksym

P.S. In my opinion it's highly important feature. Currently I pay Apple's iClould with Family Sharing for 10 EUR. If I were took the same from Dropbox it would cost me 4x10=40 EUR per month i.e. 4 times more expensive!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have this same need. As the number and size of our files/assets increase, I'm searching for ways to share more with my family of four. We currently all have free plans, except for my wife who has a paid plan. It doesn't make financial sense to pay for four separate plans. It would be extremely helpful if Dropbox offered family plans the way many other companies like Apple do. We appreciate the file sharing capabilities of Dropbox but often have to resort to other platforms that don't make it convient to edit/view organized folders of files/assets with each other. I sincerely hope Dropbox rolls something out to all users in the very near future.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?