cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to search by date?

How to search by date?

Theresa L.
New member | Level 2

I am trying to search for a file, but there are multiples of similar files. Is there a way I can search by date updated? Or even put all of my files in "date updated" order? Thanks

17 Replies 17

Shad Jen V.
Helpful | Level 5

I would like to know how to search by date created, modified, etc.

Mark
Super User II

It isnt possible I'm afraid Shad.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Antriksh S.
New member | Level 1

There is one function, that might come in hady though it only helps in pictures or videos... It is through timeline. There is an option for that.

ss3
New member | Level 2

I just want to say, it sucks that this simple need to search by date is not a function of dropbox. 

Ozzie
New member | Level 2

DropBox Team.....please install a functionality to search any folder containing any type of file ..... by DATE of inception or Date of modification. DropBox becomes unwieldy to manage in a corporate environment when multipe members of a team are submitting many data files of interest to all of us company members. It is unrealistic for all team members to have to email everyone telling them that they just downloaded some important data files. We should just be able to scan by date and view the file of interest to our projects.

MikeD
New member | Level 2

It's absurd that search has absolutely no way to filter or even sort by date. And now they are touting business collaboration? With no way to search for files? Give me a break! I'm going to leave Dropbox if this basic feature isn't added. Is anyone listening? 

conversify
New member | Level 2

I found this post after searching for the same issue: finding files that where created between two dates. The dropbox (web)app doesn't have this feature but with the desktop app(s) you can use your OS to search for these criteria.

Example:

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 09.48.20.png

Jess L.2
Helpful | Level 5

I also have this issue, please help! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Antriksh S. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Shad Jen V. Helpful | Level 5
    Andrew D.8 New member | Level 2
    Sam C.21 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?