cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can't Get My Receipt Unless I Upgrade?

I Can't Get My Receipt Unless I Upgrade?

heatherf
Explorer | Level 3

Hello!  I am trying to retrieve my receipt by doing the usual: go to Plan ---> Billing --->. get the receipt.  This month, there is a lit-up box pushing me to select a 30-day free account upgrade.  There is nothing else on the screen.  I don't want to upgrade.  I want my receipt for the plan I have that works perfectly well.  How do I get around the prompt to upgrade? 

Thanks so much!

4 Replies 4

Re: I Can't Get My Receipt Unless I Upgrade?

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @heatherf, let's see what we can find together! 

If you receive a prompt to upgrade to a paid plan, then you're most likely on the Basic, free plan. 

Can you check your plan page right here, and let me know what you find?

Thank you!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

heatherf
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lori!

Thank you for your help!  I do have the Basic plan, but my workplace was charged for my account.  I looked to see whether I inadvertently opened two accounts, but I only find one.  So I'm kinda confused...

I'll be glad to seek out any other information that might clarify. 

Thanks!
Heather

Rich
Super User II

@heatherf wrote:

I do have the Basic plan, but my workplace was charged for my account.

If your workplace was charged, it wasn't for your account if you have a Basic plan. There are no fees associated with a Basic account so there's likely another account that they're being charged for (Plus, Professional, etc.).

Have them use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the email address associated with the account that they're being charged for.

heatherf
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you, Rich!  I asked the Business Office to send me information about the account or the charge so I can try to put these two pieces together.  I really appreciate your assistance.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

heatherf Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?