cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally combined my account to a team, what can I do without contacting the admin?

Highlighted

I accidentally combined my account to a team, what can I do without contacting the admin?

New member | Level 2

Hi

I have accidentally combined my business account with one of my client's business account when I was invited to join their account. I now need to uncombine it urgently?

Can anyone offer any advice without me having to contact my client to request them to do this? 

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Combined Accounts

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @AB75!

From what you mentioned there it sounds like you might not be looking at the correct method to remove the account from the team. Can you please ensure that the admin follows the steps listed here to do this correctly. 

In terms of the subscription that you had on the account, if the Business subscription is in a trial, then your account's subscription will still be in tact. You can check from your Plan page whether the team is in a trial.

If not, then you would have received a pro-rated refund the the time remaining on your subscription. Once removed from the team, you'll just need to upgrade your account again, which you can do from here.

I hope this helps, let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @AB75, thanks for reaching out!

In this situation, the only person who can remove the account from the team  and convert it back to an individual account is the admin. I'm afraid there isn't anything that I can suggest for removing the account from the team as a work around.

Without reaching out to the admin, I can only suggest creating a new account for your personal files and moving the data over from the Business account. You can do this easily by connecting both accounts to the desktop app and simply dragging and dropping the files over. 

Let me know if you have any other questions about this, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Thanks Daphne

We've contacted the admin at my client and they can delete me as a member and transfer all the files, however this is only back to a personal account. My account is/was a business account.

How do we revert it back to the way it was, so that I have my business account back up and running please? 

Thanks, Adele

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @AB75!

From what you mentioned there it sounds like you might not be looking at the correct method to remove the account from the team. Can you please ensure that the admin follows the steps listed here to do this correctly. 

In terms of the subscription that you had on the account, if the Business subscription is in a trial, then your account's subscription will still be in tact. You can check from your Plan page whether the team is in a trial.

If not, then you would have received a pro-rated refund the the time remaining on your subscription. Once removed from the team, you'll just need to upgrade your account again, which you can do from here.

I hope this helps, let me know what you find!

Daphne

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?