cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally signed in to another account. What do I do now?

Highlighted

I accidentally signed in to another account. What do I do now?

New member | Level 2

New computer. I was signing in and I accidentally signed into my father's account instead of mine. I have paused the transfer of information/documents. Need to get out of his account and into my own. Need to start over without problems to his account. There is not "Switch accounts" option just Settings, Install and Sign out.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: account

Super User II

Sign out. Then rename or delete the Dropbox folder that would have been created when you signed in as your father's account (the files within his account will not be touched as long as you've signed out of his account in the app). After that, just sign-in with your own account and a new Dropbox folder will be created.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: account

Super User II

Sign out. Then rename or delete the Dropbox folder that would have been created when you signed in as your father's account (the files within his account will not be touched as long as you've signed out of his account in the app). After that, just sign-in with your own account and a new Dropbox folder will be created.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?