cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not sign in my Dropbox account in my mobile phone although I can do it in my notebook

I can not sign in my Dropbox account in my mobile phone although I can do it in my notebook

Turgut
Explorer | Level 4

I installed my dropbox application into my mobile phone long time ago.

But when I went to Russia, I had to uninstall some applications including dropbox due to storage problem of my phone.

Then later, I installed dropbox application again there. But it started with Russian language.

And moreover I couldn't enter my account (I don't know Russian language). Later I came to my country.

I uninstalled my dropbox application and reinstalled again. I expected it to start in English.

But dropbox "sign in" screen appeared in Russian again.

Moreover it didn't allow me to enter my account with my username and password (it was forcing me to buy the application not allowing me to enter my existing account) although I am still entering and I am able to use my dropbox account in my notebook in English language.

I cound't fix this problem in my phone. Could you please help me to sign in dropbox application in my Iphone and in English?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I can not sign in my Dropbox account in my mobile phone although I can do it in my notebook

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Turgut, thanks for posting on the Community!

The mobile app would follow the language settings on your device, so if the device is set to Russian, then it would be Russian.

Regarding logging in, are you on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Re: I can not sign in my Dropbox account in my mobile phone although I can do it in my notebook

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Turgut, thanks for posting on the Community!

The mobile app would follow the language settings on your device, so if the device is set to Russian, then it would be Russian.

Regarding logging in, are you on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Turgut
Explorer | Level 4

Dear Jay.

I followed your instructions and I changed the language setting of my phone from Turkish to English. Then I changed it again from English to Turkish. At the end of this process, All application languages changed accordingly. Language of my dropbox became English finally. Later, I deleted my some of my devices connected to my dropbox basic plan. At the end of this process, I am able to use my dropbox in my phone as in English. 

Thank you very much your for assisting me.

Jay
Dropboxer
That's great news, @Turgut, I'm glad to hear it's back to normal now.

If you need any further assistance in future, please let me know. Enjoy your week!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Turgut
Explorer | Level 4
Thanks, @Jay.
I wish you a healthy and beautiful week too.
Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?