cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access my account

Highlighted

I can't access my account

New member | Level 2

I am unable to access my Dropbox account.  I have submitted my email address to reset the password, but I am not getting a reset email.  I have checked the spam folder.

It has been quite a while since I used by account last.  I got an email Sept 2016 that the account was going to close unless I accessed it.  So...I did.  I used it for a month or two and then set it aside again.  

I have not been notified again that the account was going to close, so I assumed it was still active.  Can someone please help me get access to the account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I can't access my account

Super User II
I have a feeling it will have been removed. Accounts are removed after 1 year of being dormant.

All you can do is log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and ask for help. Once logged you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Super User II
I have a feeling it will have been removed. Accounts are removed after 1 year of being dormant.

All you can do is log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and ask for help. Once logged you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Have a new computer and can't access my files.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
I have gone to dropbox.com and found nothing...; I have a large number of photos that I can no longer view. You are withdrawing from my bank account monthly, but I am unable to connect my phone to my download process or see anything except for what is recent on my phone...
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey everyone, just jumping in here!

Apologies for the late reply @tomkuhlman, are you still having issues with this?

Can you just clarify for me @Kevin Rice what you mean when you said that you found nothing when you went to the website? Are you able to sign in but you can't see your files?

What issues are you having connecting your phone to your account? Do you receive an error when trying to sign into the mobile app?

Any other info you can provide would be very helpful.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?