Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I can't access my newly purchased space

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi.

I am trying to do some housekeeping on my MacBook Pro, so I just upped my Dropbox space to 1TB. I am trying to move files from a Seagate Backup Drive to Dropbox so I can erase the Seagate and set things up better. Anyway - - -

I went to the Account Page as suggested in another discussion. It shows:

Using 1.53 GB of 1 TB
Regular files (1.52 GB)
Shared files (9.75 MB)
Unused space (1 TB)

When I try to move the files over, I receive the message "There is not enough space on Dropbox. You need an additional 53.1GB to copy these files."

What do I need to do to copy my files over?

Thanks
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I can't access my newly purchased space

Super User
Super User

Hello

it sounds like you are out of Harddrive space on your PC. the files have to be on the HD inside your Dropbox folder to sync.  Since you are moving files to the Dropbox folder.  I would suggest using the website to do the uploading.  Just drag & Drop folders onto the Dropbox web page and it will upload, bypassing the Harddrive of your PC.  It's not automatic but it appears its the only way to do this.

The quickest way to access your web interface is clicking on your Dropbox icon and click on the earth icon and it will open up your web interface

Good Luck

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I can't access my newly purchased space

Super User
Super User

Hello

it sounds like you are out of Harddrive space on your PC. the files have to be on the HD inside your Dropbox folder to sync.  Since you are moving files to the Dropbox folder.  I would suggest using the website to do the uploading.  Just drag & Drop folders onto the Dropbox web page and it will upload, bypassing the Harddrive of your PC.  It's not automatic but it appears its the only way to do this.

The quickest way to access your web interface is clicking on your Dropbox icon and click on the earth icon and it will open up your web interface

Good Luck

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?