cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't cancel a paid subscription, why?

Highlighted

I can't cancel a paid subscription, why?

Explorer | Level 3

I have been charged for almost a year without subscribing nor using the service. I have tried the free option and I haven’t subscribed to the platform afterwards. I tried resolving this a while ago and I run into dead end and I was told to contact Apple as they couldn’t see any account with the emails I provided and use. I thought at least the subscription will come off and I haven’t noticed any charges until last month and when I went back I saw them again so I contacted the customer service and after sending my debit card details and back and fort for few days it’s the same issue but now I need to contact Google (again directed by the customer service) and I cannot even access as the refund web page doesn’t recognize my emails. I contacted back the customer service and there is no other solution how to stop this subscription and get refund on this. How am I being charged when I don’t even use your service and it seems that nobody can find account that is connected to my bank account and my emails ?

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: I can't cancel a paid subscription, why?

Dropboxer

Hello @IvanMK, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

In general, if you upgraded your subscription using your Android, you'll have to get in touch with Google Play for more info on the matter.

However, since you mention that you've been in touch with our team as well, could you let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567)?

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lucil

Thanks for the prompt response

Here is the ticket number
10627917 and was through my other email [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

Looking forward to hearing from you

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @IvanMK

I found your ticket and have made sure to pass your comments along to the member of my team who's having a look at this for you. 

When you get the chance, please have a look at their latest message and don't hesitate to get back to them with any additional queries or info. 

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, just give me a nudge. Cheers!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi Lucil

If you meant Oscar that replied than I need someone else to look into this, he was trying to help me out but he couldn’t anymore and directed me to call google for which I cannot reach them as the site is down. I really need your help as this is going on for way to long
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @IvanMK; how are you today?

I'm sorry to jump in but I just tested the link you'd need to follow for the steps to ask for a refund for a Google Play purchase, and it works fine for me. 

Can you try again using the link below? 

I hope this helps! 

Walter

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
This is strange, I don’t have credit cards on google play? I tried and it’s now working but it’s asking me for my gmail and if used this email to purchase. I haven’t done that? Why is it asking me this ?
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Also I tried now with my gmail and it says that there are NO purchases with this email. I don’t have any other gmail.
And to chat with agent is temporarily unavailable. Please advise

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?