cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't dismiss the upgrading Notification on my laptop. What should I do?

Highlighted

I can't dismiss the upgrading Notification on my laptop. What should I do?

New member | Level 2

I tried to add 32 photos a few days ago & got a message my account was full. So I deleted over 430 photos. Then I added the 32 photos. But Dropbox keeps sending me emails to 'Upgrade' & has now opened a black box on the lower right part of my laptop screen stating my "Dropbox is almost full". (It cannot be almost full since a week ago it held 400 more photos than it holds today!) I keep clicking the X in the box but the box won't close making it difficult to use my laptop (I cannot move the page up/down). And there is NO WAY [profanity removed by moderation according to the Community Guidelines] is going to get me to give Dropbox $$$ for more space! How do I get rid of their black box please?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Dropbox black box window won't close

Dropboxer
Hey @napie, a quick pointer that could help you determine whether the space has been registered correctly after the deletions would be having a look at the space used reported on your laptop (i.e. you should be able to see it when you click on the Dropbox icon on your system tray/menu bar) & on your account online. What do you see there? If you confirm that you can see the same space registered there, then I’d suggest trying a quick unlink & relink to see if that helps hide the Notification. 

Once you get a chance to check back on how this works for you, please do let me know of the outcome & I’ll do my best to check back with you on this discussion. Thanks & I’ll be awaiting your next update here! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Jane

Thank you for the response. I checked everything out. I still have778MB left, so it's not full & I can still delete many more photos. Just need to do it. I am concerned about unlinking bc my laptop is the only device I have connected to Dropbox. (I don't go on the web on my cell.) I am afraid I would have trouble linking back up to my account. What do you think?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for looping back to me with this update @napie ; let me have a closer look on this matter through our Official Support channel. I’ve now sent you a brief message & once you reply back to me there, I’ll review your account specifics & we can discuss your options together. Please have a look at your inbox whenever you have a bit of spare time & I’ll check back with you asap. Thanks again!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?