cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't login cause my email address doesn't exist anymore

I can't login cause my email address doesn't exist anymore

Adam49
Explorer | Level 4

I had signed up years ago and the email address I used to sign up i stopped using after a year and I believe the email has been deleted permanently therefore I can’t seem to log in with the email and password I originally signed up with.

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox will still allow you to log in with the email and password regardless if the email no longer works as long as the password is correct. If it isnt I'm afraid there is no way to recover that account.

Are you logged in on any devices at all?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Adam49
Explorer | Level 4
It is still not letting me access my account as it is saying my password or email is incorrect. But I can’t get into that email address anymore as I have not used it for many years. Dow you know if there is a contact number where I can talk to an agent or someone from dropbox?

Mark
Super User II

All your support entitlement is available at www.dropbox.com/support BUT I also know from here (you can search) where theyve said on numerous occasions if you do not have access to the email address you cannot gain access to the account. The email address is the only thing which identifies YOU as the account holder.

That is also explained here: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/lost-access-email-cant-change-password

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Adam49
Explorer | Level 4
I can not access my email as this is very old email and I have tried many times to recover it with any information I can remember. Does Dropbox have agents to talk to directly or a contact number

Rich
Super User II

@Adam49 wrote:
Does Dropbox have agents to talk to directly or a contact number

You can find the support options that are available to you on the Support page. If you visit the page while NOT logged into a Dropbox account, you'll see a button for sign-in issues. Note that if you no longer have access to the email address associated with your Dropbox account, then you will not be able to gain access to it. Your email address is used to verify your ownership of the account.

maureendwyer
New member | Level 2

Hi SuperUserAdam,

Thanks! This was what I needed. maureendwyer

andre_pierce
New member | Level 2

My email address is no longer available. So there is no possibility to access my old account which is around 10 years old and full of private stuff like family foots, passport pictures etc. How it is possible to change the email address of an account to which I cannot login?

Mark
Super User II

Hi

Have a look at https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/lost-email-access

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    andre_pierce New member | Level 2
    maureendwyer New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Adam49 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?