cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't login to my different account on web but I can do it from Mac OS app.

I can't login to my different account on web but I can do it from Mac OS app.

bgr11n
New member | Level 2

Hi.

Recently I've reinstalled Mac OS and now I need to login to my Dropbox account again (it is different account that one I am posting from).

While login there is a code that is being sent to email that is used on that account, and to which I do not have access now because it was auto-terminated for some reason. Also I am talking to support of email provider.

I've tried to login to that dropbox account from web and it is saying that "Email or password is incorrect" while on App I am passing that login first stage and getting stuck with issue that code being sent to email I cannot access to.

Could you please help me?

7 Replies 7

Re: I can't login to my different account on web but I can do it from Mac OS app.

bgr11n
New member | Level 2

Here is what I am getting from app

Edited by moderatorEdited by moderator

Re: I can't login to my different account on web but I can do it from Mac OS app.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there @bgr11n, thanks for posting!

Are you still signed into Dropbox with this account on any other device?

In this case, the best option would be to regain access to the email address.

Due to the error message that you get when trying to sign in online, I would suggest resetting the password for the account too, but this can only be done with access to the email address.

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mark
Super User II

The only way you are going to get in, I'm afraid, is with access to that email account OR by using the recovery codes you are given when you are setting up the 2 factor authenticiation. Without one of those things that second account is not recoverable I'm afraid. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bohdan2
New member | Level 2

And if I do not have access to my account's email and I do not remember password. But I have my old phone logged in to this account. Is there any way I can change email or password?

Mark
Super User II

Have a look at https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/change-email

and https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/lost-access-email-cant-change-password

For safety, however, what I'd do first is use the mobile app to move everything in to one folder and share a link to that folder. Then send that link to somewhere safe where you can access it. Check it works and THEN try the above. That way if it throws you out/causes issues etc. you can set up a new account and download everything from your old one and reupload.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bohdan2
New member | Level 2

Thanks, but all of this options requires whether email access or password and I do not have any of it.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @bohdan2, the six digit login code is a security measure for a unknown login, and does require access to the email address itself. 

We'd recommend checking with the email provider again to see if they can reinstate your email in order for you to get the code emailed to you, so you can login to your Dropbox account.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?