cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't remove a connected app from my account due the error "Could not disconnect, try again later"

Highlighted

I can't remove a connected app from my account due the error "Could not disconnect, try again later"

Explorer | Level 4

I try to disconnect WPS Kingsoft Office from my Connected Apps on my Personal Account but get error message ¨Could not disconnect Kingsoft Office, try again later¨. Already tried to delete for several days. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I can´t disconnect an app

Helpful | Level 6
Hi @Pansovic,

I've recently had the same problem with a connected app and I've just now managed to amend it by luck I think
Try going into settings/security/security check/start check-up. Click on that then you will see 4 categories on the 3rd will say review linked apps. Select it then find the app that's connected that you want to remove. Hit the X and it will ask you to uninstall. Confirm and hopefully that should remove it. If not try again, as I had to try again on my account and even had to go through all 4 options in order to get rid of it. I'm still thinking it was just luck and persistance in not giving up.
Good luck, I hope this can help you out like it did for me.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16
Highlighted

Can't remove connected apps

Explorer | Level 3

Hi all,

For some reason I cannot remove/disconnect  connected apps on my account:

Mantano Reader Premium and Samsung Device (old Samsung phone), both from my very old device from 2014, which obviously not in my possesion anymore.

Any work around to remove it?

Thanks!

Highlighted

Problem uninstall/disconnecting from a connected app

Helpful | Level 6

Hi,

I'm having a issue with removing a connected app. It just keeps saying it can't be removed please try again. I was able to remove a different app that was connected just fine. But this one is very old and the app from app store is discontinued. Even when I download from purchases the option to sign in to link Dropbox account too is greyed out? Can I get this removed off the servers from Dropbox team please?

Thank you

Highlighted

Re: Can't remove connected apps

Explorer | Level 4

Hey!
I'm experiencing the same issue - cannot unlink app from old device.
I see msg - "Could not disconnect {app_name}, try again later" with HTTP 500 error.
Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 9.29.20 PM.png
Any updates on that?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I still cannot remove connected apps from old device.

Highlighted

Re: I can´t disconnect an app

Dropboxer

Hi @Pansovic, thanks for messaging the Community!

Could you try switching browsers to see if this helps? 

Otherwise, use incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely. 

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Problem uninstall/disconnecting from a connected app

Dropboxer

Hi there @AdotJ, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Can you try disconnecting the app again through the website along with the following steps to see if there's any change in the behaviour?

• Clear your browser's cache
  • Use an incognito/private browsing window
  • Use another web browser

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
Hi @Daphne,

I've tried all the steps you have provided with chrome and opera browser. Yet still I get a error at bottom of screen with this symbol ⛔ saying it can't disconnect from the app. I have this app connected on other Dropbox account and it's also facing the same issue. It's the only connected app I can't seem to get rid of.
Can this connection be removed by Dropbox tech team? As I don't see it working manually from my side.

Thank you.
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there peeps, thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community!

Can you let me know if there's any difference with the following steps?

• Clear your browser cache and try again
  • Use an incognito window
  • Use another web browser

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @AdotJ.

Would you mind letting me know which app it is that you're trying to disconnect?

Can you also send me a screenshot of that error as the visual would be very helpful.

Keep me posted!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?