cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I cancelled but you charged me - Please refund

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I made a calendar reminder to cancel my DropBox trial plan yesterday before billing started today. And I did just that. Clicking on what I thought was an easy 1-step process to cancel since you're button states "I still want to cancel." Unfortunately, you've designed your page in such a way that it takes THREE steps to do this. And you've placed the buttons so far down the page that you are deceived into thinking you've cancelled. I cancelled my trial YESTERDAY from the first page and then you put up a survey page with ANOTHER "I still want to cancel" button below the fold. This is deceptive in that most services CANCEL your service like you want and then ask you why afterward. Even after THAT, you have ANOTHER survey page with yet ANOTHER "I still want to cancel" button below the fold.  After I saw the charge today, I knew you must have had some flow in place that didn't actually cancel my subscription and I was right. So after going through 3 steps of confirming I wanted to cancel, please refund me my $19.99. If not, I will go through my CC company to reverse those charges and make a report to the BBB about this practice.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I cancelled but you charged me - Please refund

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @kurtiverson,

I'll be more than happy to look into this with you, however we're not able to discuss billing specific info on the Community as it's a public forum. To continue the discussion, I've reached out to the email address associated with your Community profile through our Support channel.

Please just check your email inbox when you have a moment and we can go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?