cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cancelled my subscription a month ago but still got charged in a new billing cycle

I cancelled my subscription a month ago but still got charged in a new billing cycle

LadaNotova
Explorer | Level 3

I got my account downgraded a month ago and received all the required emails. Moreover, I don't even have a billing tab to access my billing history and your history tracker indicates that I have no history whatsoever. Despite all of this, I got charged for a new billing cycle. Not only you don't have an adequate system of communication with your help line, nor your chat bot is helpful as it constantly directs me to your cancellation page. It seems quite unprofessional and unhelpful that I have to ask a community to attract your attention!! Please attend to my matter AS A MATTER OF URGENCY. 

3 Replies 3

Re: I cancelled my subscription a month ago but still got charged in a new billing cycle

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @LadaNotova, thanks for contacting us.

I understand your frustration over this matter. 

The lack of a billing tab means that you're not on a paid plan. Can you see any previous transactions and receipts on this page?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I cancelled my subscription a month ago but still got charged in a new billing cycle

LadaNotova
Explorer | Level 3
I can’t and I don’t have any other account linked to Dropbox

Jay
Dropboxer
If you're not seeing any payment, even old ones, and yet you're being charged, then you must have another account on Dropbox which is being charged that you're not aware of. Are you certain you're signed into the correct email address?

On your bank statement, does it show Dropbox, iTunes or Google Play? If it shows Dropbox, try using the card lookup tool to find out which account it belongs to.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?