cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cancelled my subscription but I want to fully cancel it. How do I do that?

I cancelled my subscription but I want to fully cancel it. How do I do that?

mithri
Explorer | Level 3

I have downgraded my trial acount back to free version (2GB). Still there is an effort to be charged for the upgraded version. I have blocked the transaction through my credit card. How can i fully cancel this transaction.

8 Replies 8

Re: charge

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @mithri, thanks for posting your question here today. 

If you've made sure that your account is on a Basic (free) subscription by going to the Plan tab online, then you won't receive any further charges for that account. 

Could you clarify if you have already received a charge on your previously chosen payment method?

Let me know and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mithri
Explorer | Level 3

I have received an invoice. I have not been charged  yet because i have blocked the transaction. 

Thank for your response.

Lusil
Dropboxer

If you've made sure that you've cancelled the subscription, there shouldn't be any charges. 

However, if at any point you have any billing queries that are account-specific, you can contact our team through this link, using an incognito window. 

In the meantime, we're always here to help, so if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout. 

Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

liyyamh
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I was charged for my dropbox account but I do not use the account at all. How do I get a refund for the charge and cancel my subscription?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @liyyamh, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

You can reach out to our Support team through this link, using an incognito window, and without being signed in. 

Once you submit a ticket, let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) so that I can pass your comments along. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

mithri
Explorer | Level 3

The link i have been suggested to use leads to "chatbot" and "community" help. I have already made a contact trough "chatbot" with no specific answer about my issue.  

P.S. I have made sure that i cancelled my subscription but the invoice still exists.

liyyamh
Explorer | Level 3

I am having the same issues, there is no way to actually cancel!

Rich
Super User II

@mithri wrote:

The link i have been suggested to use leads to "chatbot" and "community" help.

You need to make sure you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, or the Support page will only show you the support options that are available to your account level. It's best to use an Incognito/Private browsing session to ensure you're not signed in.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?