cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access my dropbox as the email I used no longer exists

I cannot access my dropbox as the email I used no longer exists

JonathanTinkler
Explorer | Level 3

I can't login as I can't access my email address linked with dropbox, because it no longer exists.

Can I check if the email even has a Dropbox account still as its fairly old. I have tried in vain to open a ticket for support with a Dropbox account I have set up via a free trial on Windows 10 but there seems to be no way actually starting a "support ticket". I read

"To do so, please submit a help request from this page, via an incognito window (so you're signed out of Dropbox)." .. Tried it and there is no way I can open a support ticket the dropbox catbot doesnt even know what a support ticket is !!! How is that even possible ha ha. It would be a very good help if I could at least find out if the email even has an account so i can stop racking my brain about what data I might have lost

3 Replies 3

Re: I cannot access my dropbox as the email I used no longer exists

Rich
Super User II

@JonathanTinkler wrote:

Can I check if the email even has a Dropbox account still as its fairly old.

There's no option to check if an account esists. If you had access to the email you could attempt a password reset, which would send an email to the address on file if the account exists, but that's obviously not an option for you. Also, if the account has been idle for more than a year, it's likely that it was deleted due to inactivity.

Without access to the email address, there's no way to gain access to the Dropbox account. Perhaps you can contact the email provider and ask that the email address be reinstated, at least temporarily.

JonathanTinkler
Explorer | Level 3
That would be nice 👍 but cant do that as old company wont do it. I didn't leave on very good terms.

Oh well looks like what ever was on there has gone

JonathanTinkler
Explorer | Level 3
Thankyou for taking the tome to respond
Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?