cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access my email address and want to move to a new email address

Highlighted

I cannot access my email address and want to move to a new email address

Explorer | Level 4

Hi

I have a dropbox account and have accumulated free sapce through reccomendations. I need to migrate to a new email address as i cannot access the current email address. I will set up a new email address, upload all my files to my laptop and then upload them to the new dropbpox account. As a result i will i guess lose all my accumulated free space i gained by introducing many new users. How do i maintain the accumalated space in this instance? Do i really have to start iver again with 2GB free?

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: I cannot access my email address and want to move to a new email address

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @anthony procopi,

Why you don't just set the new email in your settings using edit link, next to the currently set email? 🤔 A recall: the new email must NOT be assigned to any Dropbox account yet!

Hope this helps.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Yes that would work but i forgot to say i dont have my password to make the change. 

Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

@anthony procopi wrote:

... i dont have my password to make the change. 

Hi again @anthony procopi,

If you mean old email' password, that's not a issue - it's not needed. If you mean you forgot both your old email and Dropbox password, this is really a issue. Only workaround, in such a situation, could be if you have application linked still, especially mobile. Use "Connect a computer" feature to gain access to your account and change the email. If not possible, I have no more ideas.

Good luck.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?