Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access my files because new gmail is overridig edu email

jajordan97 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have had my dropbox linked through my microsoft outlook .edu email for over a year.  I made a gmail account not too long ago just because emails were being blocked by my .edu email for a company I was interviewing for.  This gmail automatically saved as my primary email address so when I go to log into my dropbox with my .edu email, it is making me create an account with my new gmail email that does not have any permissions to previous shared folders.  I do not want this gmail account and tried deleting it but then I could not get into dropbox at all.  Please help me get rid of this gmail account and to my original prefernces of logging into my .edu email!

1 Reply 1

Re: I cannot access my files because new gmail is overridig edu email

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @jajordan97

Welcome to the Dropbox Community!

If you remember the relevant credentials (email and password) of the Dropbox account associated with your .edu email address, you should be able to log back into it. 

If you're already signed in with your .gmail account though, you'll have to sign out before logging into your other account. 

Let me know how it goes!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?