cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot cancel my free trial of Plus - "There was a problem completing this request."

I cannot cancel my free trial of Plus - "There was a problem completing this request."

sissuire
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I cannot cancel my free trial of Plus now. Every time I click the "confirm cancel" button, it appears "here was a problem completing this request". I have changed my browers (google chrome, microsoft Edge, and the brower in my phone), and also the incognito mode had been tried but did not work. The regular usage of Dropbox is fine, so I believe that there's little problem with the network.

The screenshot is shown below. Need your help.

cancel.PNG

6 Replies 6

Re: I cannot cancel my free trial of Plus - "There was a problem completing this request."

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello @sissuire, I hope you're having a good day!

Can you just clarify for me, where did you initially start your trial from?

Did you start it through the mobile app perhaps? In this case, you would need to cancel the trial through the app store on your mobile.

If you're not sure, your plan page should give you a hint from the plan name by showing (iOS/Google), for example.

Let me know, and we can take it from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I cannot cancel my free trial of Plus - "There was a problem completing this request."

sissuire
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, @Daphne. Thanks for your reply.

Here gives my plan. The free trial is from the webpage instead of mobile APP. Further, it seems the current plan is the basic one, but it still notifies me canceling the trial, and I cannot cancel it.

I hope this can clarify your concerns and help.

cancel-2.PNG

Walter
Dropboxer

So what exactly happens when you click on the 'Cancel trial' button shown in your last screenshot @sissuire?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sissuire
Explorer | Level 3
I click on the button "cancel trial", then "confirm cancel". It appears the message - "There was a problem completing this request", just as it shown in the first screenshot.

Daphne
Dropboxer

I've just sent you a message to the email linked with your profile here @sissuire, so that I can assist you with this through our Support channel.

When you have a moment, please reply back to me there - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

sissuire
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your kind assisstance @Daphne . I have confirmed the email.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?