cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot seem to cancel my free trial

I cannot seem to cancel my free trial

31Heathside_Boy17
Helpful | Level 6

Forgive me if I've posted in the wrong section and if I have, perhaps somebody can put me in the right section?  You have probably heard this problem many times before. I cannot seem to cancel my Dropbox trial period. I do not want to be charged at the end of the trial.  

I have spent most of the day trying to find this out but no avail.  Could a moderator do this for me please or at least check on what type of trial I have.  I believe I have accidentally signed up for a month's free trial for the Dropbox Plus.  I could be wrong but I would appreciate a moderator checking this out for me.  If I have, can he/she cancel my trial for me please?

Thank you

31Heathside_Boy17

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I cannot seem to cancel my free trial

31Heathside_Boy17
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you guys & girls.  Most helpful.

HB

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @31Heathside_Boy17; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

Can you please let me know if you've tried following these steps to cancel your trial?

If you get an error along the way, please send us a screenshot so that we can have a look too. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

31Heathside_Boy17
Helpful | Level 6

Hey Walter,

When I connect on my Avatar initials, it is saying, "Try Plus for 2000 GB of storage and premium features, 30-day trial."  Yet I am being told that my account has 5 GB of storage

Does that mean that I am not in a 30-day trial with Plus?  Does that mean that I am just with the free Dropbox Basic account?  Is that account free for all time?

After I had connected to my Avatar initials and then Settings, in the 'General' tab, I am being told under where it says, 'Current Plan,' it says, 'Dropbox Basic.'  Also, following the instructions that you gave me, under the 'Plan' tab, I could not find a 'Manage Plan' anywhere.

Dropbox.pngThanks

HB

Mark
Super User II

You are not on a premium plan @31Heathside_Boy17 🙂

If you look down it shows that you have earnt 3gb of bonus space on top of the 2gb free space - hence being at 5gb 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

31Heathside_Boy17
Helpful | Level 6

So, am I on Dropbox Basic only and this is free forever?

How do I uninstall Dropbox Basic if I want to?

Thanks

HB

Daphne
Dropboxer
The Dropbox Basic account is indeed free for you to use, for as long as you want @31Heathside_Boy17.

If you have the desktop app installed on a computer, you can uninstall with these steps.

Otherwise, if you're using a mobile device you can uninstall the app the same way you would any other app.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

31Heathside_Boy17
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you guys & girls.  Most helpful.

HB

View solution in original post

Daphne
Dropboxer
Happy to help out @31Heathside_Boy17!

We'll be just a post away if you need anything. 😀

Wishing you a great rest of your week HB!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?