cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I cannot use my personal email, because it is associated with my company's Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi - I have one dropbox account (plus, 2tb). It started as a personal account and then became a mashup of business files and personal. Being paid for by the business entity. I would like to remove my personal files into my personal account, or remove the business files to another company's business account. Because the original account was under me, I cannot sign into a second account with my email. Do I have to create another personal account with a different email? Can I make someone at the company the owner of the business files? What is the best, easiest way to break this apart?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Two Accounts - One Email?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @cat_the_great 

Thanks for joining our Community. I will help you do this easily.

I you joined the team with the email of your existing Dropbox account then the email is now associated with the team as a member account. Corect me if I am wrong and we will figure this out together. If this si the case I will list the next steps:

1. You can create a new personal Dropbox account with another email address.
  2. Share your personal files with this new email address. 
  3. Transfer ownership of these folders to your new personal Dropbox account
  4. Remove the access of your team account from these folders, to only have them available in your persoanl account. 

Let me know if this was helpful and if you have any questions.

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Any way to share multiple files and folders at once? or can i only do one by one? thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @cat_the_great, just jumping in here!

If the data you need to transfer isn't currently shared with anyone else, then you can move it all into one folder and share just the one folder. 

If you have some shared folders though, you'd have to share those to your new account separately.

Keep me posted with any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?