cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I changed computers and lost my passwords, now I'm not able to log into Dropbox. Any help?

Highlighted

I changed computers and lost my passwords, now I'm not able to log into Dropbox. Any help?

New member | Level 2

Hi, I had to change computer and all passwords went lost. I cannot log into dropbox, because I probably used an old email address. How to get help from dropbox finding back to my lost files?

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Log in issue

Dropboxer

Hi @LinaAker, I hope you're well today!

If we don't know which email address you used for the Dropbox account then I'm afraid there wouldn't be much we could assist you with. 

Since you're not sure which email you could have used, could you clarify for me if you happen to be signed into your account anywhere still? For example, through the mobile app or website on another device?

If not, I can suggest trying to request a password reset for the email addresses that you have access to and use at the moment. If you receive an email for the reset, then you have a Dropbox account under that email.

You can request the password reset from here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?