cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I did not get the 25GB storage from the Asus promotion

I did not get the 25GB storage from the Asus promotion

StPokal
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi community,

after buying a new Asus notbeook yesterday I installed everything today including My Asus with Dropbox which promised me 25GB for registering. I signed in with my already existing Dropbox accoungt but the 25GB never showed. Dropbox is still installed and I didn't do anything else.

Is there a way to still redeem the promotion? What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Jan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for checking on that @StPokal!

I'd be more than happy to look further into this with you, so I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here. When you have the chance, please check your inbox and get back to me there if you'd like to.

Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

56 Replies 56

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @StPokal, thanks for reaching out!

Was the app preinstalled on your device? Can you let me know where you received the notification that your device was eligible for this promotion?

If you haven't already, please check out this article to see if any of the info there helps.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

StPokal
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi @Daphne,

I received the message that I was eligible when my notebook automatically started installing MyAsus. I was offered to login with my existing account instead of registering a new one. So I logged in but after that nothing ever happend and neither was I notified that i got more storage nor did I get it. I didn't have a Dropbox app installed on my device before I got the message and after login in during the installation process of My Asus I had a Dropbox app running.

I read the article and did everything as was posted. Since I got the message about the promotion I figured I would be eligible and wouldn't know why I wouldn't be.

Looking forward to your feedback,

StPokal

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for checking on that @StPokal!

I'd be more than happy to look further into this with you, so I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here. When you have the chance, please check your inbox and get back to me there if you'd like to.

Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

IslaRose
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I bought two new ASUS laptops. Both were suppose to come with a 25gb promotion for one year.

I followed the instructions (as it was part of the initial computer set up, installing programs, updating etc) signed up for a new account (I have not had dropbox ever) installed on my computer, signed in etc. Yet, it says I only have 2gb of space. I have read some other articles about this with other computer brands but the steps they list are not helpful. I still can't get the space or see the promotion anywhere. 

Furthermore, I opted to skip this step with the second laptop (my daughters) and I've tried to go back in and see if it works on hers but now I cannot find it. It was a step in the initial windows setup so have I lost it on her computer as well? I've tried restarting the set up wizard, looking at dropbox, searching the computer for file tags but nothing. 

In terms of the other articles, I have no avatar in the top corner - my name appears in the bottom left. When i click it there is no "settings" only preferences, teams and help. I've looked through the preferences with no luck, please help!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for posting @IslaRose!

Please take a look at this post when you have the time, and let me know what you find - cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

lkm18
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dear Community

I have exactly the same problem as mentioned above.

How to get the 25 GB for a year?

Cheers

Lotte

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @lkm18; thanks for joining the discussion here.

If you've already checked the relevant Help Center article and still have issues with this, may we reach out via email to have a further look into this?

Thanks a bunch, Lotte!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Antonio Q
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After buying a new Asus laptop which promised me one year free with 25GB Dropbox, for registering. I signed in with my already existing Dropbox account but the 25GB never showed. Dropbox is still installed and I didn't do anything else.

Is there a way to still redeem the promotion? What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Antonio Q

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you completed all of the requirements of the course? 

www.dropbox.com/gs is usually one

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?