cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't complete the process for the creation of an account but the email is being used

Highlighted

I didn't complete the process for the creation of an account but the email is being used

Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

So, I had a Dropbox account from awhile ago that I forgot about. So I started to create a new one when I realized I already had an account. I had filled out all the info on the new account but did not complete the final step of creating the account. I went to change the old account's email address but it said it was already taken because I used that email address to open the new account...which isn't even open yet. I really need to use that specific email address. Any suggestions?

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Account Email

Dropboxer

Hey @yeldar, thanks for checking in with us. 

Could you try resetting the password for the account that you didn't complete the process for using this link, to see if an account has accidentally been created?

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi, thanks for the previous advice. It worked and I changed my email address. BUT, when I send docs Dropbox STILL uses the old address? Any suggestions? Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @yeldar; how are you today?

I'm not sure how this might be happening; could you walk us through the exact steps you take to share the files in question?

Thanks! 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter,

I choose the file I want to send. I click on the "Share" tab, and 3 options drop down "Share with Dropbox, Gmail, Connect more Apps". I choose Gmail. When the Gmail box comes up, it shows it is  "From" my old email address. Both the old and new email addresses are Gmail.

Under "Settings" and my Profile show the new updated address that I want to use. It is only when I try send something that the old email shows.

Really frustrating.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter,

The email that I want to use is from G-Suite, so it is not a @gmail account. Could this have something to do with it?

Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer

It seems like the gmail integration is connected to your other email address somehow @yeldar

Could you clear your browser's cache and/or try an incognito window to see if that improves matters at all? 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?