cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I don't know why but I was used to have 62 go on my account and now I am at 8 go.... could you tell me why I lost so much go of space??

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I don't know why but I was used to have 62 go on my account and now I am at 8 go.... could you tell me why I lost so much go of space??

Super User II
Super User II

The only space reductions that occur are from expiring promotions (or downgrading your account, but that would be from 1TB). Ever used a Samsung or HTC device with your Dropbox account?

You might want to check the View all space earned link on your Account page. It might have some information to help determine the cause.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Re: I don't know why but I was used to have 62 go on my account and now I am at 8 go.... could you tell me why I lost so much go of space??

Super User II
Super User II

Bonus space from a promotion that has expired?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I never have gotten promotion, so I don't know why ....

Highlighted

Super User alumni
Super User alumni

The maximum permanent space you can acquire on a Basic account is 16GB through referrals, which backs up Rich's suggestion that you have had one or more promotions which have expired and thus reduced your available space.

Promotional space is not permanent.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

The only space reductions that occur are from expiring promotions (or downgrading your account, but that would be from 1TB). Ever used a Samsung or HTC device with your Dropbox account?

You might want to check the View all space earned link on your Account page. It might have some information to help determine the cause.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Technically the maximum is higher than this 16GB.  Its only 16GB if your only method was friend invites.  There is free space given t the users of a collage that won some sort of contest, there is free space from people who participated in the beta camera uploads, all of those are permanent too.  But yes, Jimmy, you likely had the samsung 50GB promotion that wore off, as it only lasts 2 years.

Highlighted

Super User alumni
Super User alumni

Vas, the Space Race bonus space is not permanent and has already expired, and only some of the camera bonus space was permanent, so you are partially correct

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I seem to have found some people then who still have bonus space from university related stuff, or some other things.  And I still have my camera upload space I believe.  Hard to tell with my +50 from the Samsung promotion still active.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Bonus spaces all expire at different times - depending upon the promotion and when they were activated. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?