cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want to upgrade to the new plans. Can I keep my old one with the same price?

Highlighted

I don't want to upgrade to the new plans. Can I keep my old one with the same price?

New member | Level 2

Hello, I have been a Plue customer with 1TB and it has been working fine with me. No need more space for an extra fee. I would like to keep my old plan with 1TB. What do I need to do?

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

I don't want the new 2 TB plan. Can I keep my old plan with the old price?

New member | Level 2

Dear Dropbox,

I have just been informed that my plan is being upgraded. You are charging me 20% more and adding an additional TB of storage. But I don't *need* another TB of storage. I'm only storing 400 GB.

The other benefit you've mentioned is world class syncing with "Dropbox Smart Sync".  But I understand that you will be dropping Linux support (which is my OS) or am I mistaken?

So you're charging me more for less.  I want the old plan back. 1 TB for the old price.

Highlighted

Re: Don't want to upgrade

Dropboxer

Hey there @Joh19, welcome to our Community!

At this point, we're gradually rolling these changes out to all of our existing customers so this won't be possible. 

We are constantly working to offer you the best features that will meet your needs. Your Plus plan will get some great new features, which you can read about here:

https://blog.dropbox.com/topics/product-tips/plus-professional-updates

With these great new features to better manage and protect your work, the price of the plan is increasing at the end of your billing cycle. 

I hope this clarifies matters and I remain at your disposal if you have any more questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for your feedback on this @josephburnett - most appreciated.

I've moved your post under this thread as they're related and to keep things neat around our Community. 

At your earliest convenience, please review my previous reply for more information.

Also, our desktop app's requirements aren't changing and the supported distros still remain Ubuntu 14.04 or higher and Fedora 21 or higher. More information can be found here: https://help.dropbox.com/desktop-web/system-requirements 

I hope this helps to some extent and please let me know if you have any more questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Not happy either. Paying more for items I don't want or need and the price goes up without my consent. I'm set up for auto-payments so this is unacceptable. I have been a paying customer for at least 10 years. Will be looking for another service.

Highlighted

Re: I don't want to upgrade to the new plans. Can I keep my old one with the same price?

New member | Level 2

Hi

Same her. I've been  a steady Dropbox user through many years and I dn't need the extra space. If it's not possible to keep 1 TB then I'm stopping my account because then it's too expensive - don't need the extra features. So I will change my payment to 0.

Leif Hoergren

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?