cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I downgraded to change my country details but I still can't?

Highlighted

I downgraded to change my country details but I still can't?

Explorer | Level 4

I have been a Dropbox consumer for many many years.
You should know this from my register data.

I will try to summarize my problem and would like to hear an answer from you.

In October 2018, I moved from Brazil to the USA and then I need to update my form of payment, address to continue the subscription.

I tried a few times and the same message appeared to me:
“You can not effect the change of country, contact our support".
Ok, I made the contact now via chat, and Technical Support - said I should downgrade and then re-sign a plan with new payment data on the same account.

I didn’t believe that would change.
And I was right.

I did what you asked and I could not update my data.

I have my account stopped unused for a problem of yours.

For a problem of not making clear the rules of country change.

For a problem of not having a safe option to prove that it changes country. Authenticate 1, 2, or 10 factors if possible. I just want to update my data.

Please Dropbox, do this more smoothly for all your consumers who change country. This is a normal task that occurs in the world every day.
I need to hear a response from you on how to solve this problem.

Thank you,

My user: [personal information removed]

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Change Country

Dropboxer
Thanks for sending me the shared link, @brunnoreis87!

From what I can see, you are still ongoing on your paid subscription. If you’ve cancelled, it means that upon your renewal date, your account will be downgraded to a Basic account. 

When that happens, you’ll be able to re-upgrade from our plans page and enter the relevant billing information. Please note that no files or folders will be deleted during this process. 

Furthermore, I can see that my colleague replied to you via email, so please check your inbox and direct any questions on the matter to them for security and privacy purposes. 

I hope this helps clarify matters a bit. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hi there @brunnoreis87, sorry to hear about this. 

Initially, please note that I’ve removed personal information included in your post for security and privacy purposes. 

Moving on to your concern though, in general, to change your currency, you must cancel your current Dropbox subscription and re-subscribe using a new billing address in your desired country. You can also find this here

I do understand how important this is for you though, but due to account-specific details needed on the matter, I’d recommend continuing this discussion over email. As such, I was able to locate your ongoing communication with a member of my team and have passed your comments along to them. When they have more info on the matter, they’ll get back to you. Rest assured, they’ll do their best to assist you. 

Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thank you, Lusil!
You're great!

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi, please!

Look this video! Look if you can understand better!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jamgjk9aidfyh98/dropbox.mov?dl=0

Thank you

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Thanks for sending me the shared link, @brunnoreis87!

From what I can see, you are still ongoing on your paid subscription. If you’ve cancelled, it means that upon your renewal date, your account will be downgraded to a Basic account. 

When that happens, you’ll be able to re-upgrade from our plans page and enter the relevant billing information. Please note that no files or folders will be deleted during this process. 

Furthermore, I can see that my colleague replied to you via email, so please check your inbox and direct any questions on the matter to them for security and privacy purposes. 

I hope this helps clarify matters a bit. 

Lusil

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

What should I do now?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Guys,
How are you?

·My account has not been canceled yet.

I have a notice on the site that says my subscription will auto reset on May 23.
Please help me understand what's going on and how can I resolve this?

Thank you.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hi again @brunnoreis87,

Were you able to follow the instructions outlined in this article to cancel your subscription? Please note that when you cancel your plan, your account will downgrade to Basic at the end of your billing cycle. 

Furthermore, have you also checked out the email reply that my colleague sent you? Are you able to locate it in your inbox? If not, could you please ensure that:
  1. You’ve checked your spam folder?
  2. You’ve added no-reply@dropbox.com to your list of contacts and/or that it’s not blocked?
  3. You’re looking through the relevant email address that’s associated with your account? 
If you’re unsure which email is connected to your Dropbox account, you can check through the following ways:
  • Website - your General tab in your Settings.
  • Desktop app - Dropbox icon > gear icon > Preferences > Account tab.
  • Mobile app - Account tab (iOS) or Settings (Android).
Let me know if you have trouble finding the email interaction and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?