cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I exceeded my bandwidth, but I'm still banned after a day. What can I do?

I exceeded my bandwidth, but I'm still banned after a day. What can I do?

Donald H.7
Explorer | Level 4

Got a message that I has exceeded my bandwidth and so I have been "Temporarily" locked out of my account.

I was not given an option to clear the ban, so it must not have been my first time.

However, it's been over a day and I'm still locked out. (Because of one very confused friend.)

Any way I can find out when I'll be unlocked or if it's forever (as far as I can tell)?

The chatbot sends back unrelated jibberish.

Everyone else sends me cut & paste unrelated jibberish.

Seems if there's a "policy", it must be recorded somewhere I can read it.

Maybe not.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I exceeded my bandwidth, but I'm still banned after a day. What can I do?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for that ticket number @Donald H.7!

I've just made sure that this was sent along to the right team, and they'll be in touch with you as soon as possible to look into this with you - cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @Donald H.7, I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

The best option here would be to reach out to the Support team so that they can look into this with you alongside account specific info.

Please submit a ticket by visiting this page, via an incognito window so you're not signed into Dropbox, and fill in the relevant info under "Submit a help request".

You can then let me know the ticket number that you receive, so I can pass along your comments from here, and ensure it's with the team for you.

I hope this helps - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Donald H.7
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for responding. I clicked on the link - got the Chatbot, with no visible option to "Submit a ticket". Also don't see anything that resembles an incognito box (whatever that is). I can log in fine. New files put into the Dropbox folder do index and synchronize, but if I try to create a link to a folder or file, it says I'm not authorized. If there is such a status that allows adding files but doesn't allow creating links to them (because of being in jail for a "temporary" period), is there a way I can check it? Otherwise, if I'm broken, is there an actual way to submit a ticket, instead of looping me right back to "Find an automated answer", which - at least in my case - does nothing of the kind? As it is, I feel like I'm just stumbling around in the dark. - Don

Daphne
Dropboxer
You'll need to open the link via an incognito/private browsing window @Donald H.7.

You should be able to do this by right clicking the link, and there should be an option there to do this. It will open the link in a different kind of web browsing window to achieve what we need here.

The reason we suggest to be signed out is so that the ticket is sent to the correct team.

If you still have any trouble with this, just let me know and I'll see what I can do from my side Don!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Donald H.7
Explorer | Level 4

Seems so easy - if you know how! ;o)

Did as you suggested, and got the below email. All links take me back to the same place - a DIY search for an answer. 

I'm beginning to feel a little unloved. 😫 - Don

Ticket #12059309: DB: Can't create folder or file links

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to Dropbox support. Replies to this email are routed to an unmonitored inbox and will not be answered by our support team.

Your technical support options depend on what kind of account you have. To see the support options for your account, log in and go to https://dropbox.com/support.

In the meantime, why not check out our help centre at https://help.dropbox.com/learn/faqs for FAQs, how-to articles and more or why not reach out to our Dropbox community https://www.dropboxforum.com where you can get answers and discover new ways to use Dropbox.

The Dropbox Support team

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for that ticket number @Donald H.7!

I've just made sure that this was sent along to the right team, and they'll be in touch with you as soon as possible to look into this with you - cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Donald H.7
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks - hope springs eternal!

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?