cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I foolishly took a free 14 day trial for dropbox pro.

I foolishly took a free 14 day trial for dropbox pro.

Bruce5
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Having taken the free trial im still only getting access to my original dropbox basic account. I received an email stating my 14 days trial has started. As i cant get to use it i obviosly want to cancel it before i get charged at the end of thr free trial. But the method(s) given to cancel the trial do not work for me. So how can i cancel the free trial and make sure i wont be charged for something i wasnt even able to try out ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Please note that you’ll need to follow the instructions to fully downgrade from the trial.

If this doesn’t work, check the current plan you’re on, and if it doesn’t state you’re on Dropbox Professional, then most likely you have another account that you setup the trial on, which could be why the downgrade steps didn’t work before.

In each of these places, we want to find the email address used to connect to Dropbox. Please also look carefully for typos in your email address in any of these places.

1. On your computer, click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray. Click on the gear in the panel. Click on Preferences, then click on Account.
2. On iOS, open your Dropbox app and tap on "Account". On Android, open your Dropbox app, tap on the Menu button, and then tap on "Settings".
3. On the Dropbox website, click on your avatar or the face in the top right corner.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Please note that you’ll need to follow the instructions to fully downgrade from the trial.

If this doesn’t work, check the current plan you’re on, and if it doesn’t state you’re on Dropbox Professional, then most likely you have another account that you setup the trial on, which could be why the downgrade steps didn’t work before.

In each of these places, we want to find the email address used to connect to Dropbox. Please also look carefully for typos in your email address in any of these places.

1. On your computer, click on the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar or system tray. Click on the gear in the panel. Click on Preferences, then click on Account.
2. On iOS, open your Dropbox app and tap on "Account". On Android, open your Dropbox app, tap on the Menu button, and then tap on "Settings".
3. On the Dropbox website, click on your avatar or the face in the top right corner.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Bruce5
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Jay thanks for that. I got to the "downgrade screen" and have successfully downgraded -----I think. I haven't as yet received an email to confirm return to dropbox basic NOR that my credit card will not be charged at the end of the trial period now that I have cancelled the trial. I'll keep checking to see what happens.

I think the problem was caused by (as you say) applying for the free trial using a different email account. I didn't realise that this was the case. (different emails for different devices). I just thought that the free trial would simply attach to the dropbox basic app that I was using. The whole system is so complicated for someone as dumb as me.

So thanks again for your advice/link but watch this space if I haven't been successful.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
If you’re concerned about the downgraded account, please write to us after logging into that Dropbox account and message the support team directly here

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Alasiah03
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi I canceled my subscription plan on the 14th day of my free trial but it still took out $200 from account. Why is that

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Alasiah, most likely you were just outside the 14 day trial, which is why you were charged.

I can see that you have already submitted a support ticket. I’ve prioritized it to expedite matters on your behalf.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Alasiah03 New member | Level 2
    Bruce5 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?