cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get a warning, that my quota of 4GB is exceeded, but in reality I've got less than 900MB

Highlighted

I get a warning, that my quota of 4GB is exceeded, but in reality I've got less than 900MB

Explorer | Level 3

I get a warning, that my quota of 4GB is exceeded, but in reality I've got less than 900MB of files for the last more than a month and the folder seems to be synchronized well.
Is it just to make me buy Dropbox Pro?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I get a warning, that my quota of 4GB is exceeded, but in reality I've got less than 900MB

Super Collaborator | Level 20
☺You are wrong, Petr. Yes, You are allowed to use 3.75GB totally (shared + private). Currently, You're using 11.76GB (53.9MB shared + 11.7GB private) and in addition there are 1GB pending share (currently not completed). You have reached such situation as a result of 30GB promotion expiation. You have to remove some (significant) part of your content to fit in the 3.75GB limit. Web Access could be used. If need, download some content. And, finally, remove it from your account to make remaining part fit in available capacity (currently 30GB less). When the requirement gets meet, then sync process will be unblocked automatically. 😉
Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: I get a warning, that my quota of 4GB is exceeded, but in reality I've got less than 900MB

Take a look here: https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan and see what gets engaged. 😉

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks, , for your fast response.
Nevertheless, the graph at the link you recommended to me says "Using 11.76 GB of 3.75 GB", which ridiculous, because I can see 900MB in the Dropbox App and the same in my local Dropbox folder on my PC and my iPhone and iPad.

Strange, isn't it?

Highlighted

😀☺ Not actually. That's possible. Seems, you have shared folder size, making your entire size engaged over quote 😉. In such a moment sync blocks! That's why the local size is so small. Shared folder size is counting to every one account capacity, the folder is shared to, not only to the folder owner. Review all your shared folders, their content, and content size... Suppose, you know what's next. 😜
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks again!

Till 4.January2020 my quota was actually 31.750GB, so I was well on the right side.

Being warned about the planned decrease of the quota, I cleaned the folders at the beginning of December to adjust to the new quota. 

My shared files are 59.3MB.

Nevertheless, is there a place where I could find the final CURRENT total?

Appreciating immensely your advice - Petr K.

Highlighted

Your current engaged storage size is 11.76GB, quota 3.75gb, which means shared space size 8GB, at least (might be more). Probably those 59.3MB is a size for one share and there are others! Be more careful. In the plan page you should be able see exact space size shared and available only for you. Take a look there again. 😊

Take a look here: https://www.dropbox.com/share/recents also.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Sorry to annoy you again, the page of shared files says, that I share 1GB of other user's files.

My files are currently 896MB. According to my account page, I am allowed to use 3.75GB.

What else shall I do to reset the sync?

I attach my scrprnts for illustration. Thanks a lot - best regards, Petrdropbox1.jpg

dropbox2.jpg

Highlighted

☺You are wrong, Petr. Yes, You are allowed to use 3.75GB totally (shared + private). Currently, You're using 11.76GB (53.9MB shared + 11.7GB private) and in addition there are 1GB pending share (currently not completed). You have reached such situation as a result of 30GB promotion expiation. You have to remove some (significant) part of your content to fit in the 3.75GB limit. Web Access could be used. If need, download some content. And, finally, remove it from your account to make remaining part fit in available capacity (currently 30GB less). When the requirement gets meet, then sync process will be unblocked automatically. 😉
Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?