cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get an error 500 when trying to log into my account using the Sign In with Apple option. Ideas?

Highlighted

I get an error 500 when trying to log into my account using the Sign In with Apple option. Ideas?

Explorer | Level 3

When I sign in with apple it appears error 500

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: I get an error 500 when trying to log into my account using the Sign In with Apple option. Ideas

Dropboxer

Hi there @alfo26, thanks for reaching out to us. 

If you've made sure that your email address associated with your Apple ID is the same as the one connected to your Dropbox account, could you try following these steps to tackling the error message that you get?

Let me know how it goes - cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: I get an error 500 when trying to log into my account using the Sign In with Apple option. Ideas

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @lusil thanks for replying 

I tried several times but I am still getting error 500

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for checking that for me, @alfo26

Are you able to sign in by manually typing out your credentials? Could you also send me a screenshot of the error message that comes up?

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

@Lusil , no I can't sign in when I type manually my credentials, it's the same errorCaptura de Pantalla 2020-04-29 a la(s) 11.19.10.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hmm. Had you previously signed in on that computer?

If you have, could it be that you're on a Basic plan and you have more than three devices already connected on your account? 

You can check your account type from your Plan tab and how many devices you have linked from your Security tab

Let me know what you find, @alfo26!

Lusil

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

@Lusil 

Yes, first I sign in with apple, but I put to resend the email to my email account, that option that apple has that gives a random email, but it was a mistake so y went to apple id, I stopped using my apple id in dropbox and then I went back to dropbox and created the apple id with my email, it was alright, and then I started to have this error

Highlighted

Dropboxer

In this case, we'd have to continue via our Support channel due to account specific info that may be needed. 

As such, you can submit a Help Request from here via an incognito window (without signing in) and filling in the relevant details.

If you'd like, you can also let me know the ticket ID that'll get created (eg. #1234567) so that I can pass your comments from here along. 

Keep me posted, @alfo26!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?