cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get an error when trying to sign in that the email doesn't exist, what can I do?

Highlighted

I get an error when trying to sign in that the email doesn't exist, what can I do?

New member | Level 2

Email is not exists when tried to login. Not sure whether its deactivated sue to inactivity. So that created account with same ID. But there is no files are there. Now I added some files but especially need those files already mapped with that ID. How can recover those files which associated that ID. Please help on it since its urgent.

For that what should do for this. please help on it

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Recover the account with files

Dropboxer

Hey there @rajalakshmi  - how are you today?

From what I understand, you must be talking about an inactive account - is that correct? 

Kindly note that the Account doesn't exist message is usually caused by a mistyped or incorrect email address. In other words, the actual email address on your account is different than the one you typed in. If you see this message, first try signing in again. Be sure to check the email address and its spelling.

If this doesn't work, or if you received an email notification from us about an inactive account, it's possible that your account may have already been deactivated. If this is the case, feel free to contact us to learn if your account can be recovered.

If this doesn't help, you can go ahead and log a ticket with out team as this is the way to handle this account specific inqury moving forward.  You can do so from the following page directly: https://www.dropbox.com/support

If you have any troubles with this, please let me know!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

My account was closed due to inactivity

New member | Level 2

Email is not exists when tried to login. Not sure whether its deactivated due to inactivity. So that created account with same ID. But there is no files are there. Now I added some files but especially need those files already mapped with that ID. How can recover those files which associated that ID earlier. For that what should do for this. Please help on it since its urgent.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there @rajalakshmi  - how are you today?

From what I understand, you must be talking about an inactive account - is that correct? 

Kindly note that the Account doesn't exist message is usually caused by a mistyped or incorrect email address. In other words, the actual email address on your account is different than the one you typed in. If you see this message, first try signing in again. Be sure to check the email address and its spelling.

If this doesn't work, or if you received an email notification from us about an inactive account, it's possible that your account may have already been deactivated. If this is the case, feel free to contact us to learn if your account can be recovered.

If this doesn't help, you can go ahead and log a ticket with out team as this is the way to handle this account specific inqury moving forward.  You can do so from the following page directly: https://www.dropbox.com/support

If you have any troubles with this, please let me know!

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I had saved all my data on my old dropbox account believeing it would be safe and forever.

Unfortunately when I tried to access the account. Seems it is deactivated only  by dropbox  due to inactivity.

Then created account using Email Id where I could not see any files there. I added some files but need those files which are already associated with ID.

I really disappointed. Plz plz plz can you help me retrieve this data, it has a lot of important

Kindly help

I am so disappointed

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply and sorry to hear about this @rajalakshmi

As I wanted to help as much as I can, I found your existing ticket on our system and forwarded to the appropriate department for further review.

You should be hearing from a colleague of mine soon!

If there's anything else I can assist with from my end, please let me know. 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?