cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a charge for a Professional subscription. Was my account hacked or my credit card?

Highlighted

I got a charge for a Professional subscription. Was my account hacked or my credit card?

Helpful | Level 5

I got charged 182 Euro for Dropbox Professional (4/7/2020 to 4/7/2021) from my credit card. What can I do about it?Can i refund money?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Account hacked ?

Super User II

@Nazira wrote:

I just cant understand it is credit card hacked or Dropbox account? 

Credit card, most likely. I'd contact your bank immediately.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

[photo with personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Highlighted

Super User II

@Nazira wrote:

Credit card, most likely. I'd contact your bank immediately.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Thanks Rich ! I contacted my bank ,but they told me to contact to Dropbox as well and I have no clue how..

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Is there any possibility to cancel fake subscibtion made by fake account and paid by my credit card?

Highlighted

Super User II

@Nazira wrote:

I contacted my bank ,but they told me to contact to Dropbox as well and I have no clue how..

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed into a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or private browsing session, to ensure that you're not signed in to an account.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Thank you again, I will try 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Hi there, i did contacted to Dropbox team incognito, gave them my email adress and phone numder to help to cancell that froud subscription made by using my credit card ,but unfortunately nobody reply back. Bank said they wont refund the money cuz my details was given .. ,and i cant cancell that subscribtion cuz it someones account :(((

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @Nazira, just jumping in here!

Would you mind letting me know the ticket number (eg. #1234567) you should have received when you reached out to the team? I can have a look at this from my side for you.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

[screenshot removed due to personal info to align with the Community Guidelines]

Hi Daphne ,unfortunately i didnt get the ticket (( , I just I just filied in request form on the website and provided all my details. After I saw your message today I filled second time this reguest about that scam account  there were no ticket again . Maybe  i do something wrong , it is so complicated for me to get sorted my problem.  I cant cancel this scam subscribtion paid by my credit card ,cuz i dont know how to do that. Here is invoce of this transaction. Maybe you can help me to sort it out? Regards Irina

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?