cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got an email that my account will be closed for inactivity so signed into it, will it still close?

Highlighted

I got an email that my account will be closed for inactivity so signed into it, will it still close?

New member | Level 2

I received an email on 21 March 2020 to say that my account was closed due to inactivity. I didn't see the previous emails asking me to log in because they went to my spam filter. I logged in today and all my files are still there.

Can you please confirm whether my account will remain open and active from now on? I NEED to keep the account open.

I am worried that the files are only still available due to the retention policy of 30 days from time of dropbox closing the account. I am also worried that I will not get a reply from support before those 30 days are up.

I went through all the support pages, community posts, etc., and got sent around in circles and could not find a way to email somebody directly because I have a "Basic" account.

I followed the suggestion in the following link:

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/email-about-inactive-account#contact

and replied to the email sent to me about closing the account due to inactivity. But, I am not sure whether they will get it and/or reply before the 30 days are up.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Closed Dropbox account due to inactivity. Can I reactivate please? Files are still available onl

Super User II

If you've already signed into the account and can still see your files, you should be fine. Signing into an account marks it as active again. If at any time you're unable to sign into the account, visit the Support page again (while you're NOT signed in) and you'll see a button labeled Can't sign in?.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?