cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got charged for the monthly subscription, but my account is still Basic. any ideas?

I got charged for the monthly subscription, but my account is still Basic. any ideas?

Rcschmnn
Explorer | Level 3

Hey!

Yesterday I upgraded and Dropbox immediately charged 11,99€ from my bank account. But nothing changed on my account, I still have basic. Any experience out here anybody? There is no real chance for me to get direct support, so I hope anyone could help me (please).

Cheers, 

Rico

4 Replies 4

Re: I got charged for the monthly subscription, but my account is still Basic. any ideas?

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi there @Rcschmnn - welcome to our Community!

It sounds like you may have more than one accounts. 

Can you clarify if you upgraded through our website directly or via the app store on a mobile device, perhaps?

Also, have you tried using our self-served look-up tool to see the email address that's associated with the charge in question?

Is it an exact match with the one in your account's general settings?

Let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: I got charged for the monthly subscription, but my account is still Basic. any ideas?

Rcschmnn
Explorer | Level 3

Hey Walter!

I had two accounts. Then I deleted one, but used this e-mail for the other. That all worked and then I decided to upgrade, through the website. 

The self-served look-up tool I cannot use, because my bank (N26) doesn't show the details I need to fill into the tool (transaction no.). It only shows "Dropbox -11,99€" 

Seems like everything that can happen comes together..

I hope there is any chance to fix that despite of this #fingerscrossed

Kind regards,

Rico

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @Rcschmnn, I hope you're doing well!

If you wish to locate the charge, I'd be happy to assist via email.

Cheers!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rcschmnn
Explorer | Level 3

Hey Lori,

please do 🙂

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rcschmnn Explorer | Level 3
    Lori Dropboxer
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?